Yamaha Pianica P-37E – My Report

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Olivier
    Participant

Hello,
    I bought a P37ebk few weeks ago. Unfortunately, I accidentally dropped it on the floor few weeks after. It felt approximately one feet on the back of the instrument. Everything works well. The notes are sounding well and the spit valve also works well. The keyboard doesn’t have physical damages on it. My only concern is that when I play some notes, I sometimes hear a noise, like if I heard the note vibrating or something making noise inside. I don’t know if it was like that before. It sounds like the note is distortionning. Other people don’t hear it though. Unfortunately, I can’t take it apart because I’m completely blind. Did anyone have this problem before. I hope I didn’t break my melodica because this is a gift and very valuable to me.
    Regards,
    Olivier

Daren
    Keymaster

Hi Olivier, its unlikely that dropping your melodica has made any difference to the sound

Olivier
    Participant

Hello Daren,
    Thanks for your answer. In the mean time, I opened it with a sighted person. Nothing seems to be broken physically. There was a lot of moisture inside. We cleaned that with alcohol. It’s still making that noise but I think the cleaning helped a bit. I guess the instrument is made like that. I was also wondering what my tuning app means when it says “Note C sharp centers 16 sharp” Does it means that reads have a problem?

Daren
    Keymaster

Reeds vary in pitch a lot on melodicas, so it’s nothing to worry about. Also, they get wet every time you play, and then dry out

Olivier
    Participant

Thanks for the info. Do you know what could cause the noise that I hear. It’s a bit like when you raise the volume of the microphone too loud. This is not happening all the time on the same notes. But the weird thing about it is that it’s not so loud so people around me don’t hear it. I don’t think the problem comes from the reads. Maybe it’s because of the moisture inside? Hopefully this is not because of a drop on the floor. Can the case (back of the keyboard) protect the internal of the instrument when it happens. I guess I’m not the only one who accidentally dropped a melodica on the floor.

Gerald de Peralta
    Participant

Looks like I’m going to aim for the P-37D for now. I’m really keen on getting my first brand new Yamaha melodica, and I’m torn between the D and the E, since it’s around $40 dollars difference between them.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button