Suzuki OHP-25 (1974-94)

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Alan Brinton
    Participant
    Alan Brinton
    Participant

Transparent Keyboard

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Alan, is this Suzuki a blow and suck Melodion. I though I had read that this one had that feature, also a teachers aid type of melodica. Those keys are really small.

Melodica-Me

Alan Brinton
    Participant

I don’t think that’s right, Melodica-Me. I have read that about it, but I think it was from confusion of it with those similar looking European models I posted about recently. Very small keys, yes. If it truly is blow-suck, then someone among us should buy it.

Alan Brinton
    Participant

http://suzukimusicindia.com/melodians/04_ohp25.htm

Keys: Alto 25 Keys f~f2
    Complete with accessories.
    Manufactured from clear acrylic, the keyboard projects via an overhead projector.

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Alan, It’s not on my radar so maybe someone else may be interested. I don’t do well with those small keys. Looks very interesting.

Melodica-me

Alan Brinton
    Participant

It’s a cool looking instrument, but it’s clearly fashioned to be played on a table with the hose, which wouldn’t work for me. But if anyone is interested, it’s abut $26 U.S. and would be about $40 in shipping. That’s with the opening bid, but there’s not much competitive bidding on this site. And it projects, whatever that means, so maybe somebody could do a light show with it. For me it would just be a collector’s item, of which I already have quite enough!

Anton Tokman
    Participant
    Alan Brinton
    Participant

Interesting discovery, Anton. I thought the Russians would be too busy working on the 2020 U.S. presidential election. Music teachers must be making use of the OHP in classrooms in Russia and India. Which means they’re teaching melodica to school children. The future is bright!

Anton Tokman
    Participant

Alan, I’ve trained my pet bear to make most of work on U.S presidental election. And now I have some time to browse India Suzuki site.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button