Roots Melodica Songs by me

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Borja
    Participant

I hope you like them! =)

Tom Teasley
    Participant

Nice jams!

Lowboy
    Participant

Nice work Borja. Post some more when you get them.

I plan a little reggae jam myself pretty soon to support my recent review of the Hohner Piano 26, which is the one Augustus used to play.

Regards,

Lowboy

Borja
    Participant

Sure I will, I would like to talk to you Lowboy because I have 3 hohner melodicas piano 26 and they are quite different between itselves. This information could be relevant for your review. I am looking forward to hearing from you and your recordings. 🙂

Lowboy
    Participant

Hi Borja,

If you have questions, comments, or photos please post them and I will offer any insights that I can. I have already posted my review on the small-key Piano 26 and did note that this model comes in two variations: one with five back cover hold-dwon screws and one with three back cover hold-down screws.

I too am often surprised at how two melodicas of the same model can at times seem to sound and feel different if you really pay attention. I attribute it to variations in manufacturing and lots of materials as well as how a given melodica has been handled and stored.

Lowboy

Daren
    Keymaster

Great production Lowboy! Sounds really authentic. What melodica(s) are you using?

I like Mountains Greatest View the most. Very nice 🙂

Lowboy
    Participant

Hi Daren,

Those recordings are not mine. They are from Borja. Yes they really capture the sound of the early reggae/dub with melodica.

Regards,

Lowboy

Borja
    Participant

It is a vintage Hohner piano 26 wooden chasis.

Thank you very much for your appreciation

I will keep on practicing =)

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Hello Borja, can you tell us a little about the wooden chasis in the 26. also does that melodica have one single reed plate or individual reeds. I do not own a Hohner 26. a picture of the interior would be fantastic to see.
    Thank you

Melodica-Me

Borja
    Participant

I use the simplest way to record: Audacity.
    In my opinion the wooden´s chasis melodicas are the best sounding ones. It sounds loud and the sound vibration is awesome due to the wood box. I can say this after having tried 3 different hohner piano 26 melodicas. Only one of them has a wooden chasis (the one with 5 screws on the back) and the other 2 that I own, are made out of plastic in the interior. On the front part of the wood chasis it has a date: 6 May 68 on blue letters. I think these wood chasis ones may have been produced on the earliest years of the HM26 and being posteriorly changed to plastic in order to reduce costs but this is only my opinion. The wood is in perfect condition and the sound is awesome too: very clear and responsive. I am just delighted with this melodica. The one that Augustus Pablo used was made out of plastic and in my opinion it sounds awesome too but there is a big difference that a good ear can detect. I am not musician but I have always loved music and I can tell there are evident differences on the weight, sound power and sound quality between the wood and the plastic one. I would not recommend to open it because some parts can be damaged but if anyone wants to open the 3 or 5 screws melodica, I would gently help you.

Borja
    Participant

All the recordings on this page are made with the melodica piano 26 PLASTIC chasis. My next upload will be a song played with the wood chasis one! =)

Lowboy
    Participant

Hi Borja,

Wow, that is a rare one indeed. I thought I was nearly done collecting melodicas, but alas, I have one more to add to my list.

We will look forward to your next recording with the wooden piano 26.

Regards,

Lowboy

Borja
    Participant

<iframe width=”420″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/h9vMUwVzZM8&#8243; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>

I hope you like it! =)

Borja
    Participant

<iframe width=”420″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/h9vMUwVzZM8&#8243; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>

Borja
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button