New Melodica Video of The Diamanté Smyphonico “That’s All”

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Melodica-Me
    Participant

The Symphonico has been a work of love, patience and pleasure for the last two years for me and I am really happy with the final results. I love how it feels in my hand, performs, looks and most of all, how it sounds. I still need to make a good case for transport so that will probably be the next step. So what is my next build? not really sure, I have a few Ideas that have been floating around in my head for a while.
    Last October I released a short sneak peek video of my new build, since we do not allow performance videos in this group, please see the Youtube link below where you can go and hear the Diamanté Symphonico.
    Like always Questions and Comments are Always welcomed.
    Mister Melodica

Alan Brinton
    Participant

I don’t know that tune. Great performance and great sound. Gotta get me one of those hats.

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Hey Alan, “That’s All” is another great American Standard recorded by Sinatra, Torme, Nat King Cole, Sarah Vaughan, I am doing the latest version by Michael Buble. In 1975 I played it live with “Thee Midniters” all these versions can be found on you tube. As for the hat, my wife bought the hat for me while we were on vacation in Sedona, it’s my fave.
    Melodica-Me

Daren
    Keymaster

This has got to be my favourite of all your build Oscar!

Alan Brinton
    Participant

It’s a work of art.

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Thanks Daren, it’s my favorite build as well. Did you give your new melodica a name? I need to put it in my must have in my collection list 🙂 Are you planning any new projects now that you have completed the Banarsë 2.0.

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Thank you Alan for the kind words.

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Thanks Daren, it’s my favorite build as well. Did you give your new melodica a name? I need to put it in my must have in my collection list ? Are you planning any new projects now that you have completed the Banarsë 2.0.

Daren
    Keymaster

No name for mine! My plan was to make a big effort to make an instrument that ticked all my boxes, as I was getting very near, but loosing motivation. But now it’s done, I’m starting to forget the ‘pain of the maker’, and wondering about new things 🙂

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Yup, no pain no gain. You can now bask in the glory of a job well done. 🙂

Lowboy
    Participant

Incredible accomplishment Oscar. It looks and sounds great. Lowboy

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Thanks Lowboy, I really appreciate the kind words.

Aldon Sanders
    Participant

Wow Melodica-Me, your craftsmanship is marvelous! Your playing is so sensual!

After I watched your video I played through the tune a couple of times myself and will be adding it to my repertoire!

I have a couple of questions for you:

– Does the lever you operate with your left hand allow you to fine-tune the pitch of any given note as you play?

– Have you disclosed on Melodica World how this lever works? I am very curious as it would solve a lot of intonation problems while playing with other musicians.

– Have you patented it? You should.

Thanks for posting this!

Looking forward to your response.

Aldon

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Thank you Aldon, sorry for the late response, I have been a bit out of sorts. Thanks for the kind words, they are much appreciated The lever is for the note bending bar. I have used this system on several of my Diamanté builds. It can be used to correct a pitch but extreamly difficult to pinpoint the pitch since it does not have semi tone points to lock in unless you bent up or down to the pitch desired. I have not disclosed the design but have discussed on other sites a little about the system and yes the original design has a paten pending and I am currently working on an updated design.
    Thanks
    Melodica-Me

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button