New Melodica Build “Diamante Italia”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Melodica-Me
    Participant

A short test Video of my new Melodica, “The Diamante Italia” (Italia for Italian made reeds) A small 25 note single reed melodica. Made of Padauk wood with ebony accents and a stainless steel built in spring reverb and Black buffalo horn for the mouth piece. This video was made to show the tone and the position of how it is played. Recorded with a 50’s Shure Green Bullet 520SL to a Real Deal boost pedal to a black face Fender Delux amp. The amp was recorded using a Shure KSM27 Microphone.

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Fantastic! I left my comments on Facebook, but I’ll repeat them here:

It also has the look of the small vintage Italian models and in particular the look and key range as the little Orgamonica, though with the ingenious innovation of moving the mouthpiece around to the back so you can both blow and strike the keys at the same time. Are the reeds vintage or more recent Italian? I’ve been hoping for some time that someone would design a model to use with those great old reeds that are so easy to salvage.? My favorite Diamante so far!

Daren
    Keymaster

Love it, it looks like the perfect size, and it has a great retro feel

Alan Brinton
    Participant

I’m curious about the size of the keys. They look short, and I know MM isn’t a fan of small keys (though I am).

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Thanks Daren, Alan, yes these are the mini keys as you can tell by the size of those tree branch fingers of mine lol. since they are small there is not a lot of arm movement. It definitely is fun to play. Since I don’t look at the keyboard when I play, it was pretty easy locating the right keys.
    🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button