New Dreux

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jerry Ballard
    Participant

My new Dreux Accordina arrived at Martin Maurer’s shop in Freiburg where it’s being tweeked and tuned. I should have it in a week or so!

https://goo.gl/photos/4MDT7Roci7DUSPSe9

Alder wood body, black buttons Do Sol Re etched, tuned 442/sec, mouthpiece Borel on the side w/ leather case.

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Hello Jerry, I was looking at these the other day on Martins site. I would really like to know how you like it. Love the case.
    Melodica-Me

Alan Brinton
    Participant

What a beauty!

Jerry Ballard
    Participant

Yeah, the leather case is a lot more than the traditional luggage type case… at 195€, more than twice as much. But I like it, and this is a splurge, getting exactly what I wanted. Besides, I really hate carrying traditional cases. I can loop this one over my shoulder and it takes up less room in the overhead.

I got dimples on each row, for all C, G, and D buttons. Didn’t get white/black keys because all black looks cool and frankly I want to encourage playing this by touch only.

We’ll find out if learning C-Griff distracts me from the progress I’ve made on piano/Vibrandoneon over the past couple of years.

Jerry Ballard
    Participant

Incidentally, the case on the Accordina itself is essentially a removable shell. So you can use it as a template to make it with whatever wood you want. Someday I’ll get a Koa shell built.

Daren
    Keymaster

Congratulations on your new accordion Jerry! It looks quite different from the Dreux Accordina I bought several years ago. More natural in wood, and those black buttons look fantastic. A Koa case would turn it into an indisputable mean machine.

Are you learning C-Griff from scratch? I spent a year practising my Accordina full time to see where it would get me. I got quite far, but decided to continue with keys (despite the mechanical disadvantage) because I’ve grown up with them, and wondered if I could ever have the same connection with buttons

Jerry Ballard
    Participant

I had a c-griff Vibrandoneon a few years back that I stupidly sold. I know the layout and know the theory. The plan is to methodically get the tools under my fingers by feel.
    But yes, I am concerned about getting too distracted from my keyboard work, both Vibrandoneon and piano.

Shannon M
    Participant

Beautiful instrument. I admit my almost total ignorance of chromatic button tuning. Are the three rows of accordina buttons the outside rows on an accordion, the inside, or something else entirely?

Thanks,

Shannon M

jim2010
    Participant

Hi Jerry,
    Was your accordina a special order? I don’t see any wooden options on Marcel Dreux’s website.
    Thanks,
    Jim

jim2010
    Participant

Hi Jerry,
    I just looked at Martin Maurer’s site and saw the accordina you ordered. I wonder how it sounds compared with the Marcel Drew accordinas with matel sides. Best wishes.
    Jim

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button