My Hohner HM 36 Issues..

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Adam Tombs
    Participant

My piano 36 is the gold trim version and has no key spacing or wobbling problem. I think it has a lot to do with it being pretty much unused due to it being damaged where the mouthpiece fits in to the body (since repaired and working fine).

Andrew Morse
    Participant

Hey Alan,

I’m first time poster here. I have begun to collect some vintage Hohners. I have a Cassotto , a Piano 26,27 and two 36’s. The 36s need a little work but one of them is missing its valve cap and the other one is cracked from age, so I am seeking two replacements.

Your post about finding the cap from a tube of Costco Kirkland brand hydrogen cortizone. intrigued me. Was it a good fit. Could you offer any more details on that or did you eventually find the part? I am struggling to find one anywhere.

Thanks Alan!

Lowboy
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

I have two Hohner Piano 36s that I am thinking of selling. (I change my mind ever other week, but am in sell mode now.) Look in the “Member’s Trade and Swap” forum on this site and you can find full posting and recordings of these instruments. One of the them is a very old, German-made model with the white lettering. Regards, Lowboy

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Yes, Andrew, the Kirkland cap worked. I looked around the house and tried various caps. I think it’s not an unusual size and thread. I have never found the actual part, but I don’t use that particular Piano 36 anymore, as I have others. You might take the Piano 36 to hardware store or Home Depot or Lowes and ask for help finding something better than that kind of cap.

Andrew Morse
    Participant

Thanks Alan, I will experiment some more with alternatives. Lowboy, I haven’t checked out the trade/swap/sell section yet but I will! There’s plenty of great info here on the site.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button