Live Recording

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lowboy
    Participant

Hi,

Here is a recording of my band. I took an Audio Technica stereo mic and stuck it in the middle of the room. It was connected to my 70-dollar pocket recorder. Then my acoustic guitarist, vocalist, and I stood about two feet from the mic and recorded these two songs fully acoustic. No amps, no effects. I copies the files to Garage Band, EQ it, and added reverb. That was it. My band is now looking to add a bass player (cello, double bass, or acoustic bass) and we think that will make an immense difference. I am only going to leave this recording up for a few days to comply with fair use copyright laws. Lowboy

Recording of Trio Deschamps

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Very captivating, Tom. The interplay between vocalist and melodica is terrific, playing off each other, delicate, unpretentious. More of a flute than a harmonica sound — I like it a lot. Thanks.

Lowboy
    Participant

Thanks Alan. I have a cold, so I kept running out of breath before finishing my phrases. But I was surprised how close I got to the sound I am looking for in a completely acoustic environment.

These days I see myself developing two sounds: one is an alto/soprano type sax sound and the other is the tube-driven harmonica sound. For this band, it is the alto/soprano that works best.

Lowboy

Alan Brinton
    Participant

So maybe you should incorporate that into your technique! (the running out of breath effect, that is)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button