help me to choose good melodica

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    yaro
    Participant

hi
    i need help from you guys which melodica to buy. i am musician and i want to buy melodica for my recording studio.i read and compared some melodicas and i still have no idea which one is the best.my range is up to 500$ and some people say good think about hammond 44hp and Yamaha Pianica P-37D. help me to choose the best one
    yaro

Kevin
    Participant

Hi Yaro,
    It would be difficult to give you direct advise but there are some criteria you may want to consider first.
    What sort of sound are you looking for? You may want to get on the video sites and search the name of particular models to see what they sound like. make sure to visually check the video to see what they are actually playing. Some models can mimic a harmonica, some are more like an accordion or bandoneon. The Andes 25 has flutes instead of reeds.
    What sort of range do you want? Twenty-six, thirty-two, thirty-seven on up to the Hammond. There are also bass melodicas and a few or one soprano model available range-wise. What role do you see the melodica fulfilling in your music?
    Good luck in your search.
    -Kevin

Alan Brinton
    Participant

I’m assuming that you are considering currently available models, yaro. For an all-around melodica you’ll be glad you own even if you buy others, I think it’s hard to beat the Yamaha P-37D, though I’d suggest also considering the Yamaha P32D and the Suzuki M-32C. Any of those will keep you at +/- $100 and save $400 to later put toward the Hammond if you really get hooked on melodicas. I like my Hammond 44 a lot but think if you had one you’d still want something like one of these others. They are also easier to get started on, especially a 32 key model.

Daren
    Keymaster

Hi Yaro

I also suggest the Yamaha P37D. Personally I prefer it over the Hammond 44 or 44HP.

yaro
    Participant

thank you everybody
    looks like i have to buy Yamaha P37D 🙂
    what microphone do you use to record melodica?
    condenser tube mic or maybe sm57?
    i saw some guys recommend sm57 but don’t you think the sound would be to dirty?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button