Hello Daren

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lowboy
    Participant

Hi Daren,

We have not heard from you for awhile. Do you have any updates on your quest for designing and building the ultimate melodica?

Regards,

Lowboy

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Maybe he’s changed his identity again.

Quetscher
    Participant

Designing a new melodica for Jon Batiste?

Daren
    Keymaster

Hello! Sorry, I haven’t been around for a little while…

Yes Lowboy, still very much working on the ultimate melodica. It’s such a huge task, and I’m still at the experimental stage. But learning a lot as I go, and also speaking to as many people as I can who have related skills and experience.

Loving the new image Alan!

Quetscher, I have been talking to John Batiste’s agent. They’ve been exploring various options for when he takes on the new role as musical director on Stephen Colbert’s Late Show. Possibilities include sponsorship with the big melodica companies, modifying an existing melodica, designing a new melodica etc.

Alan Brinton
    Participant

The new image has me playing an “All-American Made” Wm. Kratt Blow-Organ with “genuine brass reeds,” introduced in 1952 by Wm. Kratt, the real inventor of the melodica. Well, I actually don’t think a toy should count, but the Wm. Kratt Company was a maker of harmonicas.

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Daren, we missed you, for a minute I thought it was something I said lol. I would love to see your new creation include separate outputs for each note this way you can give it a wah effect like the Claviola. Then I want one for my self lol
    Melodica-Me

Quetscher
    Participant

Welcome back! That sounds thrilling…

Lowboy
    Participant

Hi Daren:

Great news all around. Understand you probably can’t share some of your design ideas, but if and when you can, we are all ears.

Jon promoting the melodica will be huge and has many implications.

You talking with Jon Batiste’s agent has many implications as well. I assume that Jon or his agent are now aware of the MW website and perhaps visit it occasionally. Imagine Jon promoting your melodica or assisting with the design. Image other keyboard harmonica players getting invited to perform on the show!

Regards,

Lowboy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button