Devil's Cadillac–Recording

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Lowboy
    Participant

Hi All,

Below is a recording that a friend and I made a few weeks ago. This is not the “harmonica” type sound I moving towards, but rather represents my earliest experimentation with the melodica. I have owned a Hohner Piano 36 for about 10 years but almost never played it until a couple of months ago. I don’t remember which melodica I was playing during this recording. It may have been a Hohner Piano 32.

I will post another recording, hopefully this weekend, that provides some additional insights.

In any case, this was a very quick recording (a couple of takes on the guitar by my friend, one or two takes on the vocals by my friend, and about 10 takes on the melodica by me just to learn the song and get a sense for what I would play. Normally I would play along with a new song 50 times or more to really get to understand the song and carve out a tasty part. This is also a 10 minute mix. Normally I would spend a couple of hours mixing a song like this. So here it is. I should mention that this song was written by a local musician here in New England, USA. I will try to get his name and post it. I hope he does not mind letting us share it as an example of melodica playing.

Lowboy

Lowboy
    Participant

Well, there was an operator error in posting the link. Forgot to press the button that says add the link.

Here is another try for the song mentioned above.

Lowboy

Quetscher
    Participant

Hey Lowboy, just Copy/paste the link, that should Do.

Lowboy
    Participant

That did not seem to work either. Hummm. One more try then I will ask for advice.

[audio src="http://webpages.charter.net/lowboy/DEVIL003.mp3" /]

Lowboy

Lowboy
    Participant

I think that link should work. If not, let me know. Here is another experiment at copying and pasting for my own edification.

[audio src="http://webpages.charter.net/lowboy/DEVIL003.mp3" /]

Lowboy

Lowboy
    Participant

So I see. When you paste an audio link the Melodica World website recognizes it and adds some additional text.

Sorry for the confusion. I should be able to handle this better going forward.

Lowboy

Quetscher
    Participant

I was able to listen to the recording, just copied the link into the bar, began with http:, ended with .mp3- sounds great!

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Sounding good Lowboy

Lowboy
    Participant

My friend who plays guitar on the recording tells me the song was not written by a local guy here in New England. It was written by Watermelon Slim.

Lowboy

Daren
    Keymaster

Sounds great Lowboy! If anyone has difficulty listening, you can click HERE

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Nice!

Kevin
    Participant

I like the way you weave your lines in and out of the song without disrupting it. It’s mixed really well too that enhances the blending of the parts.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button