Two-voice tremolo effect for melodica

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Johan Pieterse
    Participant

Good morning all melodica friends.
    While viewing some melodica videos recently, I came across some recordings where the musicians added a sound effect witch made the melodica sound abit like the two-voice effect that you may found on most accordions. It is quite beautiful and I would also like to make such recordings.
    What type of sound effect is used for that?
    I use Audacity to do my sound recordings. Is that effect available on audacity?
    Here is a video to illustrate what I’m talking about.

I will put some more videos here on this thread.

Johan Pieterse
    Participant

Here is another video from Monsters of Melodica.

Johan Pieterse
    Participant

And here is another video. This time with a Hohner professional 36.

Lowboy
    Participant

MM. Spain is my favorite recording of yours. Thanks for helping to promote the melodica with such beautify music.

I love that smooth melodica sound.

Regards,

Lowboy

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Johan, for the Monsters of Melodica recording of “Spain” the reason it sounds like two voices is simple, there are two melodicas playing. A Vibrandoneon and a Suzuki Pro 37 on the lead melody. For the solos, we used a Hammond Hyper Melodion with a chorus pedal by (CHASE BLISS AUDIO “WARPED VINYL ANALOG”) and delay pedal by (MOOG “MOOGER FOOGER 104M”) and finished off with plate reverb. Note: We used these pedals because We did not like the chorus plugin they were using and the outboard rack equipment had issues. You do not have to use these specific devices, you can use other pedals and plugin and experiment until you find the combination of sounds you like.
    Trial and error can be your best friends when it comes to sound effects.
    Melodica-Me
    Monsters of Melodica

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Thanks Tom, we have a new one coming out July 4. This one featuring the Clavietta, Hammond soprano and the Solist.
    Melodica-Me

Johan Pieterse
    Participant

Melodica-me, thank you very much for the explanation. I know there are chorus pedals for guitars but wondered how they would work for melodicas. The two melodicas you used were very well synchronized ant that shows the skills of your monsters. Looking forward to your next release.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button