Traditional Irish music on the melodica

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Daren
    Keymaster

Thanks Jarrad, I just tried with a tube – yes you can do triple tonguing/triplets!

Jarrad
    Participant

Hmm, I guess I’ll have to try harder then, haha! Are you blocking the mouthpiece entirely or only semi? I’m somewhat familiar with reed instrument tonguing, do you know if this is a similar process?

Daren
    Keymaster

No, not blocking the mouthpiece at all. Just making the sound te-ke-te while blowing

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks a lot for the very clarifying video, Daren. It really seems to be a problem of gapping, but as I have never done it and I’m playing with a borrowed melodica, I think I prefer to take it to someone who already knows how to do it.

I also wanted to share with you that I recently bought my own P37D Yamaha. I’m loving it, it sounds great and it’s a lot bigger than my friend’s brazilian model. I used a lot of information from this forum to make up my mind on which melodica to buy, so thanks a lot everyone! =D

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Hello Gui, I would like to know more about the Melodica you have been using, the Soprofon 37 Universal. Can you tell me a little about it. I have seen pictures but do not know what it sounds like. I Know that they are made in Brazil, are they found only in Brazil, I have not seen any other place.

Melodica-Me
    Monsters of Melodica

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Melodica-Me!

Just published some info about the Soprofon 37 Universal: https://melodicaworld.com/forums/topic/soprofon-37-universal/

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button