The Myers Pickup

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Melodica-Me
    Participant

We have all asked the question before “What is a good pickup for my Melodica”. I recently purchased the Myers gooseneck pickup, a very simple pickup to use, no bolting, Velcro, or double stick tape, just a simple suction cup. Complete with a volume control “very important to have” and the big question “yes” it sounds great. I was not sure if this was going to work or not so I waited until it was on sale ($109.00) USD. So I stuck it on my Vibrandoneon, pluged it into my Fender Acoustasonic Jr and done! Put everything in the middle and with a little tweaking to find the sweet spot I was ready to play. I also pluged it into my pedal board and was able to use my delay and reverb. Works great with lots of volume. I stood about 5′ from my amp and no feed back at around 5 on the dial stood about 10′ and cranked it to about 7 and wow pretty loud. Maxed out my 15′ guitar cord and wow I was up around 9 on the amp and no feedback. I placed the pick up in the middle of the Vibrandoneon and it picked up the entire keyboard. I think if I had (2) it would probably work great, but I would probably be concern with phasing issues. All in all this is a great little pickup. One thing I do want to get is a thinner cord. I have a Fender tweed cord that is a bit bulky, going to go for a thinner one made by Mogami. It also worked good with the Hohner Superforce, Professional 36 and Solist. Did nothing for my Clavietta. Did not bother to plug it onto the Hammond melodions well, for obvious reasons.
    Melodica-Me

050d41feb743f5ccfbc6870ed9cb4b5c

Alan Brinton
    Participant

On Amazon, there are separate listings for Myers “Cello Pickup,” “Banjo Pickup,” “Gypsy Jazz Guitar Pickup,” etc. Are these all the same thing?

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Alan, this is not the same model, this one works on vibration, I bought the one with the gooseneck mic. The Vibration model will not work as well I am told with the melodica, and you will here more clanking of the keys. This one is good for percussion instruments and some instruments like upright bass. The one I bought is usually sells anywhere from $129-$159 I got it for $109 free shipping. go to the web site http://www.myerspickups.com/ I think I am going to buy another just for my Hohner Solist. so I don’t have to worry about forgetting it in another case.

Melodica-Me

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Thanks, Melodica-Me. God knows I don’t need a pickup, but I have friends who may be interested.

If you watched the videos of Jonathan Batiste, what kind of equipment do you think they’re using to get such great recorded sound on the street?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button