Strangers in the Night – my first attempt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rodion
    Participant

Hi Friends! A couple of weeks ago my wife was visiting local music shop and suddenly decided to buy me Hohner’s melodica. Before I played a bit of guitar (just accompanying my singing), can use piano keyboard (don’t say “play”) and can play simple tunes on the flute or harp.

So here is where I have got so far:
    Strangers in the Night on Hohner Student 32 melodica

I’m afraid I do not know how to insert video from youtube… I’ve tried to play this along with watching video with original song and so learned the tune (I do know music notation but I could not find simple enough sheet).

I feel I do not keep proper tempo, have troubles finding moments to inhale every new portion of air and I still could not teach my fingers to make longer jumps without mistake. So I would be glad for every piece of advice and wisdom provided by you 🙂

And yes, I’ve read 9 ways to be better… here, but currently I do not feel myself advanced enough to properly apply these hints 🙁

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Thanks for sharing, Rodion. I’m using Aebersold and “Spiffing” play-along backing tracks on YouTube to work on tempo.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/243734936/book-101-frank-sinatra-hits-for-buskers-pdf#scribd

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Sorry, I didn’t realize that this whole thing would pop up when I posted the link.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button