Melodica (Keyboard Harmonica) Blues Recordings

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lowboy
    Participant

Hi Melodicans,

I have two recordings to share. The first one is a couple of friends and I jamming on a blues tune called Devil’s Cadillac by Watermelon Slim. There is some call and response and a keyboard harmonica solo. I will only keep this link active for a couple days or weeks.

Blues with acoustic guitar and Cajon

The second song is me getting ready to record some blues keyboard harmonica over a slow blues backing track. I ran a test track to see how the levels were, and when I listened back, I thought it might make an interesting study. This study illustrates key tapping, cluster chords, distortion from humming into the keyboard harmonica while playing, and a few other things.

I will only keep this link active for a couple of days or weeks until I can make a more serious recording over this backing track. I could not find attribution for this great backing track as I downloaded it some time ago. On this one. I will try to find it when I do the more serious recording.

I used a Sennheiser e906 microphone straight to a Vox C10 running dry, and used a stereo AudioTechnica mic to record the amp. I added compression and reverb during mixing.

Slow blues study with keyboard harmonica

Regards,

Lowboy

Daren
    Keymaster

Great sound Lowboy, thanks for the recording notes too

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button