Melodica Hamond Pro 44 vs Hp 44

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Olivier
    Participant

Hello,
    First of all, I would like to wish you a happy new year.

I’m looking to buy a Melodica Hamond Pro 44. On Amazone, I see 2 modals available: Melodica Suzuki Hammond Pro44h and Melodion Suzuki Hammond 44hp. What’s the difference between these two? Which one should I get?
    Olivierm

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Hello Olivier, if you go to the review section here on Melodica world there are a couple of descriptions that may help. If you want to hear the difference between the both check out Monsters of Melodica “Sugar” solo section for the Hammond 44

and Monsters of Melodica “Spain” Solo section for the Hammond HP

the 44 is darker than the HP I like them both.
    Hope this helps
    Melodica-Me

Olivier
    Participant

Hello Melodica-Me,
    Thanks for your answer. I watched the videos you linked and I read the reviews. My biggest worry is to find it too heavy. I currently have a Suzuki M37C. I ordered the hp44 on Amazone. Do you think I will be able to return it if I don’t like it?
    Olivier

Alan Brinton
    Participant

It is heavier, Olivier, but even if you find it a bit heavy or bulky for some uses (which I do), I doubt you’ll want to return it because of the sounds you can get at the bass end that are not available on other melodicas. Amazon return is usually not a problem.

Lowboy
    Participant

You know, I tend to like dark sounding melodicas but as A/B these solo sections, I find that I love the hollow sound of the HP. Lowboy

Olivier
    Participant

Will I get higher notes with the hp44 than with my Suzuki M37C or I will get lower notes? I can’t wait to recieve it.

Connell
    Participant

I’m in exactly the same position. I love the sound of my cassotto accordion and am wondering whether the 44h would be more like that as opposed to the brighter HP. Going to buy one within the next couple of weeks. Any views on which would be more cassotto like acoustically?

Connell
    Participant

I opted for the 44hp. Loving it. Very responsive keyboard and reeds. Great sound. Gonna play about with some of my friends guitar effects ?

Pál Krammer
    Participant

The range of the Hammond 44H/44HP is from C3 to G6.

For comparison, the range of the Yamaha P-37D is F3 to F6.

So, the Hammond offers five lower halftones and two higher halftones.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button