Does anyone play without their shell?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Lowboy
    Participant

Hopefully I will post a recording of these techniques later tonight. I have the recording, but I have to find a place on the web where I can post it.

Lowboy

Alan Brinton
    Participant

I think it was Quetscher who brought up SoundCloud, which is free and easy to use. I’m really interested in hearing what you’re doing!

http://soundcloud.com/

barb
    Participant

I’m looking forward to having some time to experiment with these techniques. Thank you all for posting them. Like Kevin, I’ve also tried covering the holes with Scotch tape, styrofoam etc. I didn’t hear much of a difference while playing. But next I’m going to try recording myself from 20 feet away to see if it sounds any different from farther away.

Kevin
    Participant

The fundamental sound of the melodica is the free reed, but it seemed to me that (certain brands more than others) that the shell can create a plastic reverberation? Of course this is a minor quibble. Playing with other instruments in a recording or especially live you concentrate on just being heard. I am aware I may be spending too much time alone. :-p Ha,ha

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button