Circa 1980s Hohner Piano 36 for sale

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lowboy
    Participant

Hi,

I am selling a circa 1980s Hohner Piano 36. As 35-year-old melodicas go, I think this one is in very good condition. I would consider the tuning to be typical for a vintage instrument (you can hear it yourself in the audio clip below). There are light surface scratches you cannot see in the photo of the back of the instrument (white lines are reflections). The melodica is typically tight by Hohner standards. However, if you blow moderately to moderately hard into the instrument without pressing the keys, weak springs will allow the air to lift a few pads up and cause them to flutter. This does not effect playing at all, as when you are playing, valves are open and the pressure does not build up enough to lift the pads. (All three of my Piano 36s exhibit this behavior.) I have played this instrument in performances many times and play it with out issue. No carrying case is included. A trumpet mouthpiece is included.

In addition to the description above, I have included photos and a recording below to ensure you can fully judge the condition of this melodica before buying. Overall, it sounds and plays great, with a powerful and bright tone like that of a horn section.

I am asking $100 plus UPS insured shipping. However, I will consider offers over the next few weeks. Then I will probably put it on Ebay.

I will be listing a circa 1960s Piano 36 in the next day or two.

Lowboy
    Recording of 1980s Piano 36

Photo

Photo

Photo

Lowboy
    Participant

This melodica is no longer for sale. Lowboy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button