Accordina Classical Guitar fingering

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jim2010
    Participant

I’m wondering if there are any accordina players who also play classical guitar. Do you use 1 2 3 4 5 for accordina fingering or P 1 2 3 4 (or something else)? Thanks.

Jerry Ballard
    Participant

Melodica is a piano. Don’t re-invent the wheel. Use piano fingerings.
    ?

Jerry Ballard
    Participant

Doh. Read the whole post. ? Accordina.
    I’m not sure either is really relevant. But what absolutely does translate from piano to Accordina is technique. Crossovers/unders are very similar to piano.

jim2010
    Participant

Thanks, Jerry. I wasn’t referring to the fingering itself but rather how the fingering in notated.

Classical guitarists (like myself) use the left hand numbering 1 (index) 2 (middle) 3 (Ring) 4 (little finger). Tight hand is P (thumb) I (index) M (middle) little finger in not typically used or notated.

I am curious if anyone plays both accordina and classical guitar and if they notate their fingering in a way as to avoid the confusion of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 meaning different fingers on each instrument.

Since I learned classical guitar first, I have a 50 year habit of thinking 1 means index finger (etc.), and P means thumb.

Jerry Ballard
    Participant

Got it. Just not sure that it’s important. Don’t know of any Accordina-specific sheet music. You just do it for your own benefit. So in that case, sure make thumb ‘p’.
    I played guitar my whole life, and piano half of that. I personally use thumb=1 like piano.

jim2010
    Participant

I’ve been using thumb = 1 and it has been working out okay, possibly because I wasn’t playing much guitar. But since I started playing the guitar more frequently I occasionally get a little momentary confusion between the two notation systems. Thanks again for your thoughts.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button