Reply To: Yamaha P37D vs Suzuki M37

Julie C.
Participant

Hi My Melodica Men!
Sorry I have been away, start of school season and all.
My Suzuki M32C arrived from Japan a few days ago (today I will finally be able to really practice on it!) and the blue color is very nice, Alan, as you said, “handsome”. The sound is very good, but need to figure out mouthpiece first before I can really comment more on sound, chords are slightly harder to play than on Yamaha P37 but I’m sure I will get used to that quickly.
Two things:
1. it’s heavier than I thought it would be and slightly heavier than the Yamaha P37–I was able to hold them side by side as a student bought a Yamaha P37. The keys are a tiny bit thinner than the Yamaha too (Yamaha piano keys are also wider than the other pianos!) I’ll have to get used to that, I do wish it was a bit lighter, and my left hand isn’t big enough or strong enough to fully support it without using the strap.
2. The mouthpiece, I don’t like it at all, but just read through all the posts I missed here and I didn’t realize I could dismantle the hose and use the fitting (never use hose), I will try that as soon as I’m done typing this. (Also a student of mine, who’s a retired physicist!, said he has a basement full of stuff he thinks will fit.) If it doesn’t work out, I will read back through all these posts and looks at pics you posted Alan. The mouthpiece holder on the crappy Excalibur was perfect, I’ve taken a picture but need to post it somewhere so I can provide url, can I use dropbox? if not I’ll post it on an “invisible” page on my website, and put it here in next post. This forum has been so incredibly helpful, I am really grateful for it! Thanks Alan for convincing me to get the Suzuki M32C, no regrets whatsoever, but I think later I will also get the Yamaha P37!

Back to top button