Yamaha Pianica P37D reed plates (UK)

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Philippa Collings
    Participant

Hi Darren, thanks, it sounds as though I’ve just been unlucky then, if a failed reed is one that has no ping in it then that’s what it is!
    I’ve just bought a hohner 37 airboard for £60 that arrived in two days! So at least I have something to play though it feels a bit clunky after the pianica. Having said that it’s a lot easier to play really quietly. I prefer the pianica though so definitely want to get it sorted.
    I’m going to phone Yamaha tomorrow as I’ve only had my pianica for 6 months so it might come under the warranty? Thanks to you and Alan, I might actually sound as if I know what I’m talking about!
    The £48 quote I had for the top reed plate was actually from Sontec – they charge £33 to deliver to Ireland! So if I end up having to buy one I’ll have it delivered to Northern Ireland, 10 miles up the road and only(!) £14 delivery. Obviously it makes sense to order more than one reed plate at a time. Anyone in this group fancy setting up a spare parts business?!!

Daren
    Keymaster

Hi Philippa, I wouldn’t say its unlucky having a reed fail – they’ll all fail eventually, just a matter of time. I’m really interested to hear what Yamaha say about replacing or repairing. I’d never thought of contacting them with failed reeds. Let me know who it goes!

Philippa Collings
    Participant

Hi Daren
    Yes, reed plates appear to come under the standard 24 month warranty for parts so Yamaha are sending me out a replacement free of charge -coming from Japan in 2/3 weeks, fantastic service!

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Great news, Philippa, and that’s valuable information for all of us Yamaha fans.

Daren
    Keymaster

Yes, it is! I could have saved o huge amount on replacement P37s (worn keys) and reed plates. Philippa – where did you but ii from? Amazon?

Philippa Collings
    Participant

Hi Darren, sorry for delay in replying, I was holidaying .. yes, I bought the pianica from Amazon but I think as long as you have proof of purchase it should be ok. I bought the airboard from bax-shop. Glad this has been useful info for you.
    I’ll let you know when the reed plate arrives.

Daren
    Keymaster

Great, thanks Philippa!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button