Where to get a Hammond 44 repaired in NYC area?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Binyomin
    Participant

Might you folks have an idea of where I can get a Hammond 44 repaired in the NYC area? One of the reeds on my HP has broken, and I need to have the instrument playable ASAP.

I should add that I’d seen Brooklyn Bellows mentioned — I believe here — a while back, but I left a voice mail several weeks ago, and emailed as well yesterday, and have had no response.

Thank you!

George Miklas
    Participant

I repair and replace reeds in Western PA. Quality work. Reasonable prices.

http://www.HarmonicaGallery.com/repair

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Hello George, what is your turn around time once it hits your door.
    Melodica-Me

George Miklas
    Participant

I currently have work waiting in my shop that will take 2-3 months to repair and send it back out the door.

I’m a full time teacher Monday thru Friday, tour bus driver Saturday and Sunday. This is the reason for the turnaround time.

But, I think that I might be the only shop in the USA that replaces reeds in Hammond Melodeons.

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Wow,that’s a long time. I don’t have a problem getting the Reed plates, those are available from the Japanese on line stores on rakutan global. I have bought them and have received them in about a week. Just looking for someone to tune them up as I do not have time to tune them myself as I would normally. I would not be able to Waite that long though. Thanks for the information George and welcome to the forum.
    Melodica-Me

George Miklas
    Participant

Yes it is. When my shop has gross receipts to replace my two jobs, then my turnaround will be much shorter.

Binyomin
    Participant

George, we’ve spoken in the past. You were recommended to me by Suzuki. Unfortunately, your turnaround time is simply too long.

Mel, do you have a link to where I could order replacement reeds?

Thanks!

George Miklas
    Participant

Binyomin, yes we have corresponded. I was personally trained on reed replacement by Suzuki’s top engineer, Tokuichi Inoue.

My shop is independent. I support my family by my full time public school teaching, and tour bus driving.

My harmonica and Melodica repair business supports me and my family to attend events such as the annual SPAH.org international harmonica convention in the USA, the 2013 World Harmonica Festival in Trossingen Germany, and the 2016 Asia Pacific Harmonica Festival in Taipei City Taiwan.

Someday, maybe the business will fully support my family’s needs.

Gm

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Hello Binyomin, I purchased the reed plates and gasket on line from West Co LTD.on rakutenglobel

Email
    westmusic_2@shop.rakuten.co.jp

Att: Go Kawamoto

Website
    http:/www.rakuten.co.jp/westmusic/

Don’t forget to purchase the gasket, you may not need it but if yours tears you will have to repair or replace it. I only replaced the reed plate that had the bad reed. You do not have to replace them all unless they do not sound the same, the ones I got matched in tone and I did not hear any difference in sound between reed plates. But listen to yours and see if you need to change all three.
    Good Luck
    Melodica-Me
    Monsters of Melodica

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button