Where can I find info on how to play my melodica?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mattcaposino
    Participant

I am a complete rookie and need some guidance. I am wanting to play blues. Maybe “season of the witch”

Adam Tombs
    Participant

Hi, I am no keyboard player but had a few piano lessons a long time ago. Suggest you check out youtube, that is where I get a lot of cool ‘lessons’ and how to’s. Try searching for how to play keyboards or piano for a particular song as well as searching for melodica on youtube.

There are also a few apps on android and itunes too I would imagine for how to play keyboards or piano. Before too long you will be sounding songs out and playing by ear. Music theory is great but I tend to learn tunes faster trying to play them by ear.

mattcaposino
    Participant

Thanks Adam. I wanted to play the blues harp since Bob DYLAN CAME ON THE SCENE BUT, ALL i COULD DO WAS CUT MY TONGUE OR MAKE MY LIPS SWELL UP. VERY DISAPPOINTING.

By the way is there away to get the text on this site to be darker? I can barely read it…

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Matt, like Adam says sometimes it’s best to use your ear. Here is the backing track you can practice to.
    Melodica-Me

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Matt, I should add that using your ear is very important but theory is just as important, it is good to know both it will make you that much better a player.
    Good luck we are here to help.
    Melodica-Me
    Monsters of Melodica

Adam Tombs
    Participant

Yes Melodica Me, quite correct! I am learning music theory now, I just wish I had applied myself earlier on to it
    Sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience playing harmonica Matt. Sedel make some wonderful harmonica with plastic resin combs you might want to try? I use the Sedel D and G in Paddy Richter tuning the Blues Session model tuned for Irish Traditional music. Very nice and affordable too.

Alan Brinton
    Participant

If someone’s looking for a book, I highly recommend The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Music Theory.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button