What other instruments do you play?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Adam Tombs
    Participant

Hi all.
    I was wondering to myself the other day what kinds of instruments other people here on this site play or own?
    I’ll kick off with my little menagerie…..
    I confess a weakness for collecting curious things, so I have a fairly large collection of Irish whistles and flutes, some ukuleles, a couple of guitars, mouth organs (harmonica), a few Bodhran (Irish frame drums) and a big custom djembe I share with my wife. I don’t own anything really valuable, my acquisitions are based around the criteria of needing to be tough, easy to transport and temperature resilient to withstand our hot Northwest Australian summer. Of all the instruments I own, I probably show a modicum of talent with the ukulele, whistles and drums.

I was always lazy at practicing piano as a child but now I find practice very therapeutic.

Tom Teasley
    Participant

My principle instrument is percussion. World percussion is what I mostly perform on nowadays. I find the melodica a great counterpart to the percussion. It also has impacted my approach to percussion by making me more aware of my breath.

Adam Tombs
    Participant

Hi Tom thanks for your response and welcome to the forum.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button