What is this guy playing?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Alan Brinton
    Participant

It looks like a Hohner 36, not the Piano 36, but bulkier than the Professional or Solist? He is a Czech accordion player.

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Alan, it is called a Bohema Made in Czechoslovakia, I would love to own one but have never seen it come up on any sites for sale. Prodz a member here on Melodicaworld.com forum owns one. its a beautiful looking instrument.

Melodica-Me.

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Aha! I figured you’d know. I now remember seeing photos and some discussion here. However, I also occasionally see one of these on Latin American sites, in Mexico in particular (Brazil and Spain seem to also be sources for rare old melodicas for whatever reasons). I have not tried to order from these sites. The prices are usually good, but shipping and payment are confusing. Here’s one now that may still be active:

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-499778420-melodica-antigua-bohema-melodion-pianica-no-hohner-_JM

If that’s Mexican Pesos, it’s about $55. When I was in Mexico in February, the exchange rate was about 15 Pesos to one dollar — looks like it’s still good!

Melodica-Me
    Participant

I have tried in the past to buy from this site but did not have any luck with the seller responding even when I wrote him in Spanish.

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Right. Well, I’ll let you know if I see one someplace else.

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Alan, that would greatly appreciated. I will put a add in the trade sell section on here. That’s how I got my Eolina.
    Melodica-Me

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button