Vintage Yamaha Tokai Gakki

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Matt
    Participant

I own a Yamaha Tokai Gakki Model:PC-1 and I cannot find any information on it on the internet. I am interested in trying to sell it to my local music shop but I don’t even have a base price of what to sell it for. If if anyone can help me. This is the Melodica that I have https://melodicaworld.com/post_reviews/tokai-pianica-melodica-model-pc-1/ .

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Hello Matt, I own two of these. I bought the first one for $23.00 bucks on Ebay with case and (2) mouth pieces. Bought the second for $20.00 no case no mouth piece on ebay for parts but it played better than the first one. It has a nice tone but the tuning went south vary quickly. I like the fact that they have a metal body that produces a brassy tone of which I prefer. The most I have seen these are for about $35.00 so there you go. We used this melodica on one of the Monsters of Melodica recordings (Mr. PC). Check it out and see if you can hear it.
    Melodica-Me
    Monsters of Melodica

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Does anyone have an idea when this instrument was made. Tokai Gakki says they developed and manufactured pianicas for Yamaha starting in 1961, and the model lines subsequent to that do not seem to include the PC-1. The PC-1 looks like a Clavietta and has, at least, a retro look. Is it possible that it is a 1950s instrument?

Alan Brinton
    Participant

1961-67, according to a recent seller. 1961 is when the first Tokai Gakki and Yamaha (made by Tokai Gakki) Pianicas were introduced. This appears to be just a Tokai Gakki product.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button