unknown (and rare?) Melodica

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    grommi
    Participant

Hi guys, I luckily could acquire a melodica unknown to me for very little money. It was described very bad with 2 bad pics, so I’ve gambled and wouldn’t have been disappointed if I would get some useless garbage.

I got a little gem, with a very rich “hohneresc” sound remembering me at the old Hohners from the 60s, especially beautyful at the low end. The tone range is alto from e – f2. Some reeds must be adjusted for tuning and response.

The mouthpiece connector was glued in place, not nice but stable. The moutpiece itself is broken and doesn’t fit good. I will replace it with an adapted hose. The 26 keys are soso, quite when pressing and noisy when releasing. They are not mounted evenly.

The housing is made of plastic with some wooden inner parts. The water clap is very usable. But what is the little metal pin beneath with the rubber plug? I hope I can go to the interiour without damaging the instrument.

Which melodica did I get?

unknown melodica 1<script async src=”//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

unknown melodica 2<script async src=”//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

unknown melodica 3<script async src=”//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

unknown melodica 4<script async src=”//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button