Train – Equinox on Student 32

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jazzman1945
    Participant

h t t p : / / w w w . m e d i a f i r e . c o m / l i s t e n / 5 7 a x . . . 0 d / e q u i n 0 x . m p 3

First attempt to record on Suzuki 37 Pro, but something in it’s sound    resists Coltrane.That reinforces the view that the Student   32 has a more jazzy sound.

Quetscher
    Participant

Hi Jazzman,

please would you do me (us?) a favour and post your links without those gaps between each letter? That would make things easier…

Thanks a lot, Quetscher

Melodica-Me
    Participant

I give up, it takes to long to try to decipher this code.
    Melodica-Me

jazzman1945
    Participant

I’m sorry, but I will have to leave this site because the bug that does not allow to send ; all links except Youtube rejected. I found only a single method to deceive him, and the other method I haven’t.

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Jazzman, upload Equinox to Youtube under your channel and list your Youtube channel for us to see. That’s one of my favorite Coltrane tunes, I also recorded Equinox about 4 years ago, I will have to dig it up and post soon.
    Melodica-Me

jazzman1945
    Participant

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/swsqssspnrs6u10/Equinox.mp3

Quetscher
    Participant

Great, it works! Thanks for the music, sounds great – I personnally would be very courious what the tune sounds like played on a Suzuki 37 Pro; is it really such a big difference?

Greetings, Quetscher

jazzman1945
    Participant

In addition to the fact that I played the violin, viola, piano (and on this record, too), I also play the clarinet – New Orleans jazz style, and alto sax., \which is my real passion, though I play on it as an amateur. As a pianist, I played a lot of Coltrane music in ensembles and know not bad his playing style; even tried to play the saxophone.So I’m trying to come up   to melodica   from the side of saxophone   – In the area of ​​articulation and the sound.
    Jack De Johnette since his start on instrument (small Hohner) sounded like a soprano saxophone. – which greatly influenced me! So when I play melodica, in my head sounds alto saxophone, and the ears feel which instrument transmits it better.For several years already clear to me that Hohner is best suited for jazz performance; what I wrote to the manufacturer,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button