TOKAI IC PIANIX Vintage Electronic Pianica(

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Andre
    Participant

Hi guys
    This one looks so cool! Does anyone knows this one?

Andre
    Participant
    Andre
    Participant

Would this be the yamaha response to the hohner Electra Melodica?

Andre
    Participant

I have now read the description of the seller and it seems that it is not in a perfect condition…

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Andre, I had a email conversation with the seller about a month ago. I actually made an offer but retracted the offer. I was informed that the light in the pressure sensor Lit up and that the notes play without wind pressure, this tells you the sensor is no good or that the diaphragm is no longer working. This item would cost to modify approx. $400.00 USD from a shop that repaired my Hohner Electra. You still need to get the schematic
    and see if there are any other issues. One other issue is that the unit is 100volts this means for me in the U.S. I need a converter. There are cheap ones but for recoding you need one with a stable transformer $75-100 so combined $399 for melodica, $400 for repairs, $100 for transformer and last but not the leader shipping. You can see how this cool looking melodica can be a money pit. Yea it is cool but the reason it did not sell was people did their homework. Cool absolutely, worth the price absolutely not. By the way the $400. Was for an estimated 3 hours of service, parts and schematic.
    Melodica-Me

Andre
    Participant

Hi MM
    Thanks for the more detailed information. That was also the same impression I’ve got after reading the sellers description, it’s a money pit!! But I always thought that it would be great that the someone realesed a nice decent digital melodica, that could be used in more electronic actual styles and genres, such as psy dub, dubstep, chill out, etc.etc. Maybe with some USB interface or something. Not that it is not possible to use the normal melodicas in those genres. And they are used. But it would be, in my opinion, a good way to modernise and innovate the instrument.

Shannon M
    Participant

I would really like to see an electronic melodica that allowed silent practice with headphones. and so would my wife! 8^)

Shannon M

Andre
    Participant

I bet almost every melodica player wife would appreciate one ☺

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button