Tired of Black and Yellow?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lowboy
    Participant

Tired of Black and Yellow?Colored melodicas

Lowboy

Shannon M
    Participant

Hi Lowboy,

I had not seen these before in colors. They look brand new. Do you have a source for these?

Thanks,

Shannon

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Lowboy
    Participant

Hi Shannon,

I wish I did have a source for these colored Piano HM-26s. I found these over a long period of time by going to several on line auctions.

Alan has a good idea. Paint. He painted one and it looked nice.

Regards,

Lowboy

Alan Brinton
    Participant

So the blue is true. A red HM-26 (or Cassotto 26) shows up occasionally on eBay.

Here’s the link to my refinish job on a Yamaha P-32D. This is a melodica I use frequently, and the results have stood up well. If you examined the melodica closely, you’d be able to tell from some smudges and such that it has been refinished, but it’s not something you’d notice by just playing it, and it’s not evident to anyone watching you play. No problem at all with chipping or peeling.

Refinish of Yamaha P-32D

Lowboy
    Participant

Yes, those are original color keyboard harmonicas. There is something special about the blue one. I have been abusing it for many months by blowing it hard and playing it a lot, yet I have not damaged the reeds. It is the most durable keyboard harmonica I own. I have damaged many others. Lowboy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button