the latest in midi melodicas

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Stephen
    Participant

Hi,
    What are the latest developments in midi melodicas?
    Are there small portable midi melodicas available on the market, that could be taken outdoors for backpackers?

These kimophones are nice:

Or should I be looking for midi piano keyboard instruments? No mouthpiece or exhaling needed anymore.

Lowboy
    Participant

I have seen this Kimo guy before. On the one hand, you must give him credit for going where few have gone. On the other hand, all he is really doing is mounting or disguising midi controllers and breath controllers in the bodies of other instruments. Basically you get digital synth sounds as if you were sitting at a synth operating it and a breath controller.

Personally, I have owned many many digital synths, but now prefer the more organic and acoustic sound of the melodica along with my Moog Voyager (monophonic analog synth) and Hammond organ. The Hammond is a digital synth, but with a real twin-tube circuit, you would never know it.

From a showman, novelty, and fun perspective, Kimo may have something there. It is fun to watch for a while. It does involve carrying and programming a midi synth module.

Lowboy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button