Suzuki M 37C Voice Range

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jemimah
    Participant

What is the voice range of Suzuki M 37C? Is it Alto or Soprano?

Paul Durham
    Participant

In practice a 37 note melodica covers some of both ranges. The starting noe is F below middle C and you have 3 fulll octaves in the instrument. Only if you plan to play with someone would you need a purely ‘SOPRANO” melodica. Some of the Suzuki sales sites have excellents charts on voice range.

Paul Durham
    Participant

I had a chance to find the charts I told you about. The 32 note soprano is a whole 8va higher than a 32 note alto. But it haas only the half-octave higher than a 37. I hope this helps.

Jemimah
    Participant

Thank you! ^_^

Jemimah
    Participant

So what clef should I use when I use Suzuki M 37C?

Jemimah
    Participant

So what clef should I use when I use Suzuki M 37C? Treble or Alto clef?

Paul Durham
    Participant

Treble clef music will be fine. Ledger lines can be used for all the note below (F BELOW middle C) for alto voice and the lines above the staff for the soprano note through F3.

jazzman1945
    Participant

Range of Hohner 32 and similar instr. corresponds approximately to the trumpet (the difference only in semitone). Therefore, sometimes i play on melodica the trumpet part in dixieland style .Trumpetlodica

Paul Durham
    Participant

Really enjoyed your Dixieland Jazz. Hope you’ll add some more to youtube, Jazzman.

jazzman1945
    Participant

Paul ,it was just an experience; I prefer the acoustic piano in a live orchestra.

piano

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button