Studies in Melodica Articulations

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Alan Brinton
    Participant

These studies and your other samples are really helpful to me, Lowboy, in relation to your explanations of what you are doing, and also in terms of developing a better understanding of the capabilities of the instrument.

Andre
    Participant

Hi Lowboy

This studies are amazing, they are very inspiring and for me they are mind opening, as Alan says- “in terms of developing a better understanding of the capabilities of the instrument.”. Great!! 🙂

Hi Lowboy,

These studies are great, and I would love to reference them in my research masters focusing on melodica techniques. Also I would like to send you a questionnaire which would take about 10 mins to complete if thats OK with you? It is about various aspects of the melodica and I will use them in my final thesis which will be published next year.

My email is kingn7@uni.coventry.ac.uk

For anyone else who would like to take part I would love to hear from you, and I can send you over the questionnaire!

Many thanks!
    Nathan

Lowboy
    Participant

Hi Nathan,

Yes, you can reference my studies in your masters thesis. I would be happy to fill out your questionnaire and will contact you with my email address. If I can help in any other way, let me know.

Regards,

Lowboy

Helen R
    Participant

Hi Lowboy
    Am I too late to hear these soundfiles? Those links don’t seem to work any more.
    cheers
    Helen

Lowboy
    Participant

Hi Helen,

Unfortunately Dropbox intentionally decided to break all the millions of hyperlinks for all of their millions of customers as part of a service change. To say the least, I and many others are in the process of pulling our services at Dropbox.

In reference to the files, let me see if I can find them. In the meantime, you can search for me on Soundcloud.com and hear similar studies. Go to SoundCloud.com and search on “Lowboy Bootay.” That should bring you to list of a number of recordings and experimental studies.

Regards,

Lowboy

Lowboy
    Participant

Hi Helen,

Several weeks ago, I actually promised to update these studies because my techniques and recording capability have improved considerably in the last two and half years. Give me a bit more time and I will post some new recordings. In the meantime, the SoundCloud recordings offer lots to think about.

Regards,

Lowboy

Helen R
    Participant

Great, thanks Lowboy – I’ll go and look at Soundcloud.
    cheers
    Helen

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button