Clavietta Parts

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Melodica-Me
    Participant

Looking for parts for my Clavietta, anyone have any suggestions.

Melodica-Me

Melodica World
    Keymaster

New topic created ‘Clavietta Parts’

Ellen Doherty
    Participant

That’s my favourite melodica 🙂 I haven’t got one tho

Daren
    Keymaster

Hi Melodica-Me.

What parts are you looking for?

M and M
    Participant

I have a clavietta which is leaking air and two of the notes don’t work. Can anyone help me out?

Daren
    Keymaster

Leaking air is the most common problem with these old instruments. You probably need to replace the rubber seal in the air chamber. An accordion repairer should be able to do this for you.

The 2 notes that aren’t working will probably be down to reeds needing adjusting/cleaning. Again, something an accordion technician should be able to easily handle. The reeds on the clavietta are very accessible, so you could have a look at the reeds yourself, and see if there’s anything obvious…

M and M
    Participant

Thanks for the tips Troy

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Sorry for such a long delay in my response. I need to replace the hard washers that are cracked and leaking. I found a few rubber washers that are not a tight fit that work but I would like something more solid or without so much play. I may have to make them if I can not find anything off the shelf. Any suggestions

Daren
    Keymaster

I haven’t had to replace any of the rubber washers/discs, so unfortunately can’t offer any help here… It might be worth buying another non-working clavietta off ebay just for replacement discs? Do you need to replace a lot of them?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button