Some South African folk music on the melodica

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Johan Pieterse
    Participant

Good day all melodica enthusiasts
    Just a little cheerful peace of Boeremusiek, or farmers music, a South African type of folk music on the melodica. The player is a man by the name of Flippie Van Vuuren, one of our most talented folk musicians. He was a multi-instrumentalist. Although he is no longer with us, his music will live on.
    The song being played is a tune called Oor die brug en terug, or Over the bridge and back. Unfortunately I don’t know witch melodica was used, but it has a very pure harmonica-like sound on the recording. Enjoy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bOPcedNxE0

Ofir
    Participant

Hey Johan,
    Thank you for sharing.
    I gave it a look (not a listen, yet), and it looks like an Angel 37 melodica.
    Cheers

Johan Pieterse
    Participant

Good evening Ofir. Thank you very much, I thought it could be either an Angel melodyhorn or a Suzuki based on the sound. Here in SA I don’t see Angel melodicas advertised on the internet by our local music stores wich is bad because those instruments have a very good sound unlike other cheaper melodicas. But just maybe there is a few in music stores and I must go and have a look.

Ofir
    Participant

Hi Johan,
    You can always try Ebay. Melodicas ship internationally pretty easily due to their small size and light weight.
    Good luck,
    Ofir

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button