Shipping Time for the Yamaha P37D 37-Key Portable Keyboard

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Marcia C.
    Participant

I am interested in buying a Yamaha P37D 37-Key Portable Keyboard. On the Amazon site, it says “Usually ships within 2 to 5 months.” I contacted Amazon support and received a vague response: “Our shipping estimates–such as “Usually ships within 2 to 5 months”–take into account the time it takes to receive the item from our suppliers, pack it, and prepare it for shipment.”

Has anyone had any experience with buying from Amazon? Will it really take up to 5 months for it to arrive? Are there any other options that are faster? (Amazon has a very good price on it, so that is also a consideration.)

Alan Brinton
    Participant

I have bought multiple melodicas through Amazon with no problems, including several Yamaha pianicas. Amazon has multiple vendors for the P-37D and other models. I’m assuming you’re in the US. I see the one you must be looking at, at $86.32 with free delivery for Prime members. The 2-5 months for delivery is highly unusual and would make me nervous, as this is a readily available melodica. I bought a P-37D recently for $99.99 from Japan (via eBay) with free delivery that took about two weeks. Japanese venders are conservative in eqstimating delivery time, which in my experience is 2-3 weeks though they say it will take a month or two. But they’re all over the map on delivery costs.

$86.32 is a fantastic price. If you’re not a Prime member, how much is delivery? The 2-5 months might just be due to shipment from Japan, in which case my guess is it won’t take anywhere near that long. The Japanese vendors are very efficient and package well. I personally would go for it. I’m a Prime member. Amazon sets high standards for their vendors and has a lot of clout in resolving any problems.

Great melodica, by the way.

Marcia C.
    Participant

Thank you so much. Yes, I’m in the U.S. and we have Prime – and it’s usually just 2-day shipping and it’s free. However, shipping would be free for anyone, since it’s over $25, but it’s standard shipping, not the 2-day. But with this one, perhaps it doesn’t matter. It IS a very good price and it’s the one I want, so I will probably go ahead and get it.

Kevin
    Participant

I will back-up what Alan says. I also have a Prime account and have had no problems with ordering several melodicas. They have even taken returns on two of them with no questions asked and no hoops to jump through.

Alan Brinton
    Participant

The $86.32 price for the P-37D with 2-5 month Prime delivery is no longer up on Amazon. I saw a parallel listing for the P-25F for $55.99 and decided to order one of those as a backup. That listing is also gone as of today. But my order is in, and I’ll report back on what happens. The vendor on both was Yamaha; maybe they’re experimenting with those prices. Or maybe Yamaha is planning to introduce some new models, which would be exciting.

Marcia C.
    Participant

Hmmmm . . . I put in my order last week (for the $86.32 price), and they said I should get it between June 16 and September 5. I just checked Amazon and now it is listed as $110.59 and says it usually ships in 2-3 days. However, it says it ships and is sold by O J Commerce. I am sure that it previously said it was shipped and sold by Amazon. So it looks like they switched to a different vendor with a better shipping time, but the price went up. The good news is that I got in on the cheaper price, but the bad news is that I don’t know when it will get here. I would really like to get started, so I’m tempted to buy another one – perhaps something different – to play until I get the Yamaha. Any suggestions?

Alan Brinton
    Participant

I’d suggest getting a 32 key model, as you already have the 37 on order. My two favorite melodicas now are the Yamaha P-32D and the Suzuki M-32C. There are cheaper 32 key models by Suzuki, Hohner, and other companies, but there’s a huge quality gap. The Suzuki Study-32 and the cheap Hohners are okay at under $35, where their prices were a few months ago, but for some reason they’re up around $60-70 now on Amazon.

Alan Brinton
    Participant

The P-25F for $55.99 is now finally being delivered from Amazon. This has taken several months, but it’s an excellent buy.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button