Rosetti-Monika-Lorenzo

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Alan Brinton
    Participant

I’d be interested to hear at some point which other melodicas you finally settle on as the “keepers” from your collection, Adam, and why.

Miss N E Cole
    Participant

I have one of these! Either rosetti, monika or Lorenzo. There is no manufacturer’s label on it. I didn’t get a rash from playing it, or die.
    Does anyone know how much they are worth? In the UK. How old are they? It will need some tinkering with as the notes do not all sound perfectly. I do not have the ability to do this so would rather sell it to someone who does.
    Finally I know what it is, I have been wondering what it is for some time! Sorry, I haven’t worked out how to post a photo.

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Unfortunately, like most vintage melodicas (Clavietta, Hohner Professional and a few others excepted), these models don’t have much market value. The ones available at auction typically do not play well, if at all. They did not stand up very well over time. In theory, one that’s fully restored should be worth $100 (US) or more. You’re fortunate if yours plays, but if were opened up, things would begin to fall apart, so that more serious work than just tinkering would be required, and it would have to be done by someone who really knows what they’re doing. I have yet to hear what one of these actually sounds like beyond blowing a few notes.

Daren
    Keymaster

I have one of these, they look lovely. Does;t work, but great for show!

Miss N E Cole, to display an image, you have to upload it to a site like flickr, and link to it from your message

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button