Research Masters focusing on Melodica and Composition (Split: 2017 Melodica Goals!)

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author

That was my first time playing the Pro-37 and it has a great touch. Made moving around the melodica effortless. And I agree with the power of it. That small setup meant everything was quite audible. We performed those pieces later that evening in a venue, and using a microphone for the melodica is always a problem. Has anyone found any interesting ways of micing it up?

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Nathan, I have been using the Myers pick up for my Vibrandoneon and Diamanté Wind Vox with lots of success. I have never used it on a Suzuki, Akeo has just put out a new set up that is made for Melodica as well that I beleave she uses it with her Suzuki melodion. I will message her instagram page to you.
    Melodica-Me

Daren
    Keymaster

Sounds lovely! Any mic that round off the harshness and adds a bit of warmth is good. I’ve had great results with a Shure SM58

I have begun putting together layered videos of melodicas, mainly for fun and to show some techniques of the melodica through well known pieces! Would be great to get feedback for future ones.

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Great work Nathan, sounds awesome, I like the combination of melodicas.
    Melodica-me

jazzman1945
    Participant

Very nice! I think that the articulation of comping can do more “swingy”.

Paul Durham
    Participant

Really enjoyed Nathan’s Swing video. Very nice coordination of the multiple instruments.

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Super. Klezmer works well for a combination of melodicas.

I’m delighted to see the inclusion of the Soprano; those 1970s Suzuki 25s are great little instruments.

Lowboy
    Participant

Nice playing Nathan. Great swing feel. I am working on your survey today.

Regards,

Lowboy

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button