Price Fluctuations

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alan Brinton
    Participant

For anyone planning to buy a melodica, it really pays to follow the prices for a few months. I keep my eye on prices on Amazon, and there are dramatic fluctuations. For example, at the moment (11:46 MST, August 27, 2014, the Yamaha P-37D and P-32D are the highest I have ever seen them, at $136.99 (USD) and $103.14 (+ $6.49 shipping). There’s a free price tracker on Amazon (camel.camel.camel), though I don’t think it includes all vendors, and it has failed to keep me updated on items I set it for. The low price for the P-37 has hovered at about $110 with free prime shipping, and the last P-32D I bought was for $59.99 with free Prime delivery. Don’t get me wrong. I don’t think the higher prices are unreasonable for these instruments, but frugal buyers try to get the best price. Prices of other brands also fluctuate significantly. My guess is that there are patterns to this, though I haven’t figured them out, except to notice when I look back on my orders that I’ve gotten good deals in November.

prodz
    Participant

nice info, but according to murphy law you always end by paying higest price for instrument. just after you purchace instrument you find out that there is cheaper one 🙂

Adam Tombs
    Participant

Amazon doesn’t deliver much to Australia… so I have been looking on the bay of E. Prices are similar to Amazon.

Prodz, my journey in making most purchases pretty much follows what you describe above…

Alan Brinton
    Participant

The Yamaha P-32D is now down at $70.99 (US) with shipping on Amazon. Price watching and patience pay off.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button