Pozdrav iz Hrvatske! (Greetings from Croatia!)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    prodz
    Participant

my name is Igor Profusek and I live in Croatia, Djakovo.

(sorry for my engrish 🙂 )

for me interest for melodica started by accidentally. I got married and now i have a beautiful baby girl Inga whom i wanted to buy some instrument that she can learn to play. so last year i buy her melodica and i got adicted… clasic story about father who buy some toy for their children and then he start to play with that toy 🙂

i have some previous experience in playing keyboard in rock coverband, so i play blues, clasical rock, some funky riffs and etc… love listening to jazz and classical music…

great site for melodica lovers. lot’s of things to learn here.

Greetings from Croatia!

Igor

P.S. right now my axes are:

Bohema 36

Hohner Piano 27

Bandmaster 26

Simona 21

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Welcome, Igor! You have a very beautiful country.

Lowboy
    Participant

Hi Igor,

Welcome. I like your collection of melodicas. I see you have a Hohner 26. I don’t know if you have seen some of my earlier posts about the Hohner Piano 26s, 27s, and 32s, but these are special melodicas because the sound holes are on the bottom of the melodica. If you hold the melodica using the end opposite the mouthpiece, you can muffle the sound by holding the melodica against your stomach and chest. Then by moving, twisting, and waving the melodica around (primarily moving it into and away from your body, you can achieve significant modulation of the sound. The effects can resemble the sound harmonica players get when they cup and uncup there harmonica.

I am still learning how to do this gracefully and how to apply the techniques in my playing, by these melodicas really open the possibilities for expression.

Regards,

Lowboy

prodz
    Participant

I’ve already noticed that by accident while I lay on the couch and play. for best muffle result put a small pillow between melodica and chest 🙂

great site for melodica owners and lovers!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button