Playability & Viabilityof Vintage Melodicas

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Alan Brinton
    Participant

I see now that the “Gakki” site that lists Suzuki melodions is not Tokai Gakki. “Gakki” means “musical instrument.” The Gakki site is Yasuhara Gakki, i.e. Yasuhara Musical Instrument Company, a distributor of multiple brands of keyboard harmonicas.

http://www.gakki.com/

barb
    Participant

here’s a link to audio I made of 5 different instruments. Used a cheap Zoom and reverb from Audacity, along with my cheesy Casio accompaniment

1   :01 Yamaha P32D
    2   :30 Hammond 44
    3   1:03 Hohner piano 36 vintage
    4   1:40 Suzuki A34C
    5   2:07 Suzuki vintage A27

Andre
    Participant

Hi beezer

Thank you for this upload, very useful.
    Excellent playing!
    I really like the sound of the Hammond 44!

barb
    Participant

Thanks, Andre.
    Yea, I was on the fence about spending the money for the Hammond 44, but when a friend brought one over, I was online buying after playing for 15 seconds.

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Hey, Adam. I notice that the photo of your M-36 shows a tube with fittings and also one of those nice little plastic mouthpiece containers, neither of which would have been included with the M-36 when it first appeared. This suggests that yours is one of the later ones during the 1961-74 time span. It also has an A-32 showing on the brochure (of which I also have a copy), which probably means your M-36 is late 1960s or early 1970s. Maybe that helps explain why it’s in better condition than mine. That means that mine, while busted up, is probably more authentic. So, would you like to trade?

Adam Tombs
    Participant

Hey Alan, my M-36 is in fantastic condition. It really appears to have been played very little. Its one of my go to melodicas so I think I will keep hold of it for now.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button