Pimped Yamaha P32D

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Quetscher
    Participant

Daren,

thank you for the information. BTW, I like the wooden body oy the Yamaha. Looks much nicer than the MyLodica.

Daren
    Keymaster

Thanks Quetscher 🙂

One of the reed sets arrived today. They’d like me to test them before they make the rest, as melodicas reeds are a new venture for them. I’m glad they didn’t make them all, as there was a surprise – although many of the reeds are 33mm height, about half are 36mm!

These are too big for the Yamaha reed chamber. 33mm is the maximum, which allows for 1.5mm or so space to apply beeswax around the top.

I await a response

Shannon M
    Participant

hi Daren,

Any further progress on this project?

Shannon

Daren
    Keymaster

Hi Shannon, I’ve been sent all the reeds in the specified 33mm height now. Although they fit inside the reed chamber, most of the cavities underneath the reeds are too small, so the reed tongues hit the plastic when they start vibrating. The solution would be to modify all the cavities, which is not an easy task!

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Hello Daren, is there a contact you can forward so I can inquire about some reeds as well.

Thanks
    Melodica-Me

Shannon M
    Participant

Daren,
    When you say the chambers are too small, do you mean too narrow, too short, too shallow, or a combination?

Thanks,

Shannon

Daren
    Keymaster

MM, speak to Jana Forstová at Harmonicas. His email is forstova@harmonikas.cz

Shannon, the chambers are too short. Not all of them, but most of them need lengthening by a few millimetres.

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Thanks Daren, are you pleased with the quality and tone.
    Melodica-Me

Daren
    Keymaster

Yes, they sound good

Daren
    Keymaster

Are you thinking of getting some?

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Yes, I sent Jana an email but I have not heard back yet, I need a few custom sets made. I recently got a full set for my Vibrandoneon from Binci through Martin and I am reaching out to them as well to see if they can produce the reeds I need and compare the cost and time between both.

Melodica-Me

Daren
    Keymaster

Good idea, I’m interested to hear what you decide…

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Daren, I am also getting a cost from Cagnoni. Martin suggested them as well. I have never used those reeds so I am curious, have you?

Thanks
    Melodica-Me

Daren
    Keymaster

No, never used them. Just make sure you check that they’re fully waterproof before you order any!

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Daren, I asked the question in regards to the bronze and brass reeds since rust was a possibility. The Reed plates are to be stainless and anodized. So that should take care of the water proofing issue. Martin M. Mentioned that Cagnoni were used in the Vibrandoneon as well as Binci. By the way, I can only imagine why you are buying so many reeds 🙂
    Melodica-Me

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button