Photo—-Tubing and Fixture for Hohner Melodica

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Alan Brinton
    Participant

Okay, now that makes sense. So the melodica can be rocked. I see that you already explained about tucking the melodica under the chin. There must be some good reason why I wasn’t paying attention. So I need a 5/8″ OD elbow. Or, to simplify matters, I can use a Yamaha blow tube, which has an elbow, with a piece of 5/8″ OD, 1/2″ ID vinyl tubing as a collar (or insert affixed to the melodica). I have one of the old ones here that has two 13″ segments. So, here we go. It works. One of us is a genius. I guess it’s you, but I’m a quick study.

Alan Brinton
    Participant
    Lowboy
    Participant

Hi Alan,

That looks pretty good. In fact the Hohners came stock with a 90 degree elbow that I use with my setup. You may want to rotate the elbow 180 degrees so it faces the back of the keys so it does not get in the way of your playing hand.

Regards,

Lowboy

Lowboy
    Participant

Nice recording Alan. Now seal tighter and role more and you will get a deeper wha wha effect. Wear clothing that will either seal and reflect well (your leather shirt from 1970) or absorb sound until you really role the melodica out to expose the back (your heaviest Christmas sweater over a sweatshirt might work). Lowboy

Alan Brinton
    Participant

I’m on my way out the door to pick out my new wardrobe at the Idaho Youth Ranch Thrift Store.

Forgot to look in the box, so didn’t notice those stock elbows. That’s why they call me Professor.

Alan Brinton
    Participant

Just discovered that the air flap was open on that recording.

Lowboy
    Participant

Tight polyester disco shirts should work well. Get them sweaty so they stick to your skin. You should be able to seal the back of the melodica near air tight against your skin. LOL

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button