Oscar… Which Myers pickup?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jerry Ballard
    Participant

I’ve decided on a Myers for my Vibrandoneon, but unsure of which one, not having them in front of me.
    I’m thinking that the 6” flexible gooseneck looks best, hopefully allowing me to mount the preamp-volume in the side, with the gooseneck snaking over.

Any idea if this will work as I want?

Jerry Ballard
    Participant
    Melodica-Me
    Participant

Jerry, I think the 6″ one will work for your application the best. What amplifier will you be running it through.
    Melodica-Me

Jerry Ballard
    Participant

I have a Fender Acoustasonic head with a SWR 10″ cab.
    I guard it with my life. Best amp for acoustic instruments ever. No idea why Fender stopped making it.

Thanks for the guidance. I’ll post on how it works out.

Jerry Ballard
    Participant

My 6″ Myers gooseneck came today, wow… Is it ever excellent! Zero hassle mounting it and getting it tweeked. How great to have a little reverb and slap-back echo now!
    Incredible sound. Just in time for ensemble tonight.
    Yay… No more backache from needing to stay glued to the mic!
    Terrific endorsement effect Oscar. Thanks!

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Jerry, I am glad it worked out for you. By the way do not leave the cord plugged in your Myers pick up when not using it as it activates the battery inside. Simple to change, buy a couple and keep them in the little pouch. I will be sending my Hohner piano 36 pick up to Myers to see if they can remove the old electronics and install a couple of the Myers pick ups in it. The Piano 36 does not have a great place to place the goose neck so a pair will be required to pull an even sound from the full keyboard.
    Melodica-Me

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button