Eolina information needed

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Quetscher
    Participant

I think so, too, PLUS I want to play it and try out its possibilities. I really hope my accordion dealer gets one soon, then I will report.

Daren
    Keymaster

Andy and Oscar – intriguing developments!

This is the info on the site (edited for clarity):

The former BALLONE-BURINI-Eolina will be renamed Vibrandoneon from 2014, of which the rights were transferred from Victoria to BALLONE-BURINI.

They will now manufacture the following models:

Piano-Vibrandoneon: 37 or 45 keys
    Button-Vibrandoneon 37 notes (3 rows), or 49 notes (4 rows graded)

Blowing technique: only on blowing/preasure, or on blowing and sucking

Case: black plastic, or natural maple wood

Internal make up of the blowing-and-sucking Vibrandoneon: 2 reed sets without reed valves, 1 rank on blowing, 1 rank on sucking

So, it looks like the 2 reed sets will be at the same pitch – one assigned to blowing, the other assigned to sucking..?

Black plastic sounds like a good idea. It won’t look as nice, but would eliminate so many of the existing problems

Quetscher
    Participant

So, it looks like the 2 reed sets will be at the same pitch – one assigned to blowing, the other assigned to sucking..?

Yeah, seems to be more likely than two different sounding banks of reeds, although this would offer some new playing possibilities (and a keyboard extension up to 57! notes!!!).

Seriously, they might have abandoned using bi-directional reeds, too many problems with air leakage, too expensive. We’ll see…

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Has anyone heard about the new Vibrandoneon Slash former Eolina? I am really interested in it. I would love to see and hear the new version with the separated reeds for blowing in and out. Also interested in knowing how the plastic case vrs the wood case compare. Are they available is the UK? I have been holding out for it. If i do not like it I may purchase an accordina, lots of possibilities there.
    Melodica-Me

Quetscher
    Participant

Hi Melodica-Me, I visited my accorion dealer about two weeks ago and unfortunately he had no news for me, but he’ll write if he purchased a Vibrandoneon – and then I’ll be first to test it and report!

Quetscher
    Participant

What I forgot to mention: I’m quite sure that he also delivers to UK, but I’ll ask. By the way, I don’t think that it’s wood case vrs. plastic case, I’m quite sure that both versions are made of wood, it’s just the design that is different, just like celluloid-covered and natural-wood-looking accordions.

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Quetscher, so what they mean in plastic or wood is the case that holds them and not the actual Vibrandoneon. The website is translated so I thought in reading that there was two different versions.
    Melodica-Me

Quetscher
    Participant

No, the Eolina-Vibrandoneon is built of solid wood like the old Vib., but in version 1 the leave the wood like it is and just varnish it outside, in version 2 they coat the wood with celluloid. But the inside is wood anyway.

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Quetscher, I read on the site below that the case came in black plastic and natural wood so I assumed that there was two separate models available.

This information was translated from this site so it may not be accurate
    http://www.akkordeon-maurer.de/verkauf.asp?id=3&id2=10&lang=2

If it is a celluloid (plastic wrap, plastic laminate or tolex material) and wood, I probably wold not be interested in that model and would only be interested in the all wood version. If there is a plastic cases version I would consider it only because of the moisture and if the sound was as good as the all wood version. I wish they would post a picture of the available models and finishes.
    Thanks for the insight
    Melodica-Me

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Quetscher, when you refer to celluloid are you thinking like a piano finish or even like a black lacquer finish.?
    Melodica-me

Quetscher
    Participant

Hey Melodica-Me,

the german website doesn’t say “black plastic”, it only says “black”, so that’s the difference between the german version and the translation. But I’m absolutely sure that both models are made of wood, only the finish is different. (I’m very sorry I don’t understand the difference between piano finish and black lacquer finish, it’s simply the finish of a black accordion)

Maybe there is an air chamber made of plastic, I’ll try to find out; and if I have the possibility to play an instrument, I’ll record and post it.

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Hello Quetscher, that’s strange when you click the English flag for translation it states “black plastic” anyway I think you are correct with the accordion finish as it is a thin layer of plastic. Many pianos are made of poplar wood and then coated with a thick coating that almost looks like very shiny black plastic mostly found in pianos coming from the orient. The lacquer finish is exactly that a paint finish with a high gloss finish.
    Melodica-me

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Quetscher: clarification, when I stated piano finish I should have said polyester resin or black lacquer finish. The polyester finish is high gloss thick coat where as the black lacquer finish is thin and can still have a Matte finish. But yes they would both be on a wood case.
    Melodica-Me

Quetscher
    Participant

Hi Oscar,

I called the owner of Akkordeon Maurer today and he told me that there may be a chance that one of the versions built by Ballone Burini may in fact be a whole plastic version which would be much cheaper then, but unless he’s got no instrument from BB he isn’t quite sure (he couldn’t tell me how much cheaper it would be because there is still no existing price list). He will post photos as soon as he owns a new Vibrandoneon, then I’ll call again and ask him everything we want to know.

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Very Interesting news Quetscher, I think that the reason for an all plastic version is that there is an issue with moisture in the all wood version. I spoke with the shop owner that is working on my Vibrandoneoon and he told me that he thinks that moisture left in the wood was the reason why my leather and felt needed to be replaced. I was getting leakage especially when both valves were open. Every so often I open it and let it air dry for a couple of days. It looks good to me but maybe thats not enough. They suggest that when I open my vibrandoneon to dry that I should place it in a large plastic container and set the vibrandoneon in a bed of rice and cover it with a tight lid for a few days. The rice should absorb all the moisture in it. I think I am going to try this next time. I am pretty good about removing the moisture after I use it.
    I would love to hear how the all plastic version compares to the all wood version.
    Thanks for this update
    Melodica-Me

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button