Newbie Hohner Piano 36 owner water key questions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Adam Tombs
    Participant

Hi all,

My first post to these forums but hopefully not my last. I just recently purchased a much used Hohner Piano 36 that is quite worn but plays beautifully. The water key valve thing is missing so I play with my finger damping this valve which also affects my need to play at volume and the amount of wind needed to do so. I see some people just play with this valve wound down shut? if this is the case then any old cap that has a similar thread should do the job? What do you good people think?

Quetscher
    Participant

Welcome Adam,

of course you can wound it down shut or take some other cap, but I surely would prefer to have a look at http://www.melodicas.com where they sell Hohner melodica parts.There you can find an original cap for 12$.

Adam Tombs
    Participant

Thanks for the welcome Quetscher!

Yes I had seen the ‘water key’ for sale on Hohners CS online shop but they dont open back up for business until next week… Had planned to buy one but was wondering if there was any motivation in others to modify this part of the Hohner Piano 36?

Quetscher
    Participant

Not for me – I just ordered 3 of them some weeks ago to replace the old and broken caps; but honestly I played my Piano 36 quite often without cap because I loved the difference in sound (lighter and more airy).

Adam Tombs
    Participant

I can understand why one might not bother replacing it for that very reason…. I have only just had a few plays on my new to me (old) Piano 36 and it has an outstanding tone quality. It’s been well loved before I got it but the sound is just wonderful.

Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button