New Monsters Of Melodica Video "Mas Que Nada"

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Melodica-Me
    Participant

Its Time for a new Monster of Melodica Video. This time its 1960’S Brazilian hit “Mas Que Nada” made popular by Sergio Mendez and Brail 66 and recently by The Black Eyed Peas with Sergio Mendez. This was a fun recording and video to make. We feature the DiamantéWind Vox #002 with the first solo then a short solo of El Gigante, the Hohner Organa Melodica conversion.
    as always enjoy and please like and share.
    Thanks All
    Melodica-Me

Joanna Funk
    Participant

Excellent song and love watching the Monsters of Melodica ?. The one-of-a-kind melodicas sounded great, and I heard some nice very high flurries – was that a soprano melodica? Could have even been a flute! Well done.

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Hello Joanna, thank you and yes it’s the Hammond soprano. Other than the rhythm section and some sound effects, it’s all Melodica’s 🙂

Joanna Funk
    Participant

It’s fantastic that all the music is by melodicas MM. Who played that soprano? Was it La Bella or the Wildman? The Monsters rock ???

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Hi Joanna, LaBella is playing Hammond Hyper, Hohner Basso and Hammond soprano on melody and backup. Wildman is on Hammond 44, Suzuki Bass Melodeon and Soprofon 37 on Melody and backup. I am playing Eolina, Vibrandoneon on the melody and Horhner Basso on backup. I used the Diamante #002, El Gigante on solos and Hammond soprano on fills.
    🙂
    Melodica-Me

Joanna Funk
    Participant

MM – this kind of talk brings out my inner anorak. What a melodicafest ❤️

Daren
    Keymaster

Another classic Monsters of Melodica video, great stuff MM

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Thanks Daren, lots of fun making this one.
    🙂

Frances Demoretcky
    Participant

Thank you Monsters for another great video. I get a kick out of sharing your videos with friends who don’t know much about the melodica–they love your stuff and the melodica. The word’s getting out what a versatile instrument it is.

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Thank you Frances for the kind words and thank you for sharing, Monsters be digging that 🙂
    Melodica-Me

Lowboy
    Participant

Wow MM. Beautiful playing by all. Love the sound of the DiamantéWind Vox #002. Lowboy

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Thanks Lowboy, don’t forget to sign up for World Session IV if interested. Deadline is 12-31-2018.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button