New Hohner model

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kevin
    Participant

Looks like Hohner has a new model out?
    It appears to be their current 37 key model with all black keys naturals as well as accidentals.
    http://www.playhohner.com/media/?mode=select&gallerys=2440
    I’m not sure what Superforce refers to?
    This video seems to be a review of it but I only know a word or two of German. She doesn’t play it long enough to get a real feel for the sound.

Quetscher
    Participant

Hi Kevin,
    the woman in the video is merely talking about the packaging, re-reading the melodica features, giving some wrong information (the moisture knob is there to play softer), playing two notes and realizing how much she likes it and so on…
    So, no serious information; but if I may have a guess, referring to the picture on the package the Superforce is nothing else than the Ocean/Fire with extended keyboard.
    By the way, to my ears it sounds quite nice, warm and sweet.

Quetscher
    Participant

Just talked to the Hohner people, my guess has been right, there’s no difference to the Ocean/Fire, same keys, same reeds, just extended keyboard.

Kevin
    Participant

Thanks Quetscher,
    I suspected it was the same as the Performer 37 but with the black keys and black hose.
    I’m sure it will be very striking on stage.

Quetscher
    Participant

Ah well, maybe it IS the same as the Performer 37, but I didn’t know that melodica type because they don’t sell them in Germany, it seems to be built only for export, and therefore I only asked for similarities with Ocean and Fire.

Daren
    Keymaster

Good work Quetscher!

‘Superforce’ – the dark melodica 🙂

Kevin
    Participant

Quetscher,
    That’s interesting that Hohner doesn’t market the performer in Germany? I wonder why? Apparently the Superforce is not available in the US. At least I don’t see it on any sites here yet.

Quetscher
    Participant

Hohner has often marketed different models for the US market. It’s the same with accordions – the German Atlantic was called Forty FS and had some different features (for example six bass couplers instead of three – US players always get more than the germans!)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button