New guy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ricky
    Participant

OK, let me try this again. I’m new to the forum and really appreciate the wealth of knowledge all of you share so openly. I tried to introduce myself a week or so ago, but I now realize that I responded to an existing post so it went into that thread and probably made no sense to anyone. I think I’ve figured it out now.

I came to the site by way of the Slidemeister harmonica forum. I’ve dabbled with chromatic harmonica for a few years. Someone posted about melodicas and that launched me into the world of Melodicas. I bought a cheap Irin melodica, liked it, so I bought a Yamaha P37D. What a gas! I bought another Yamaha P37D so I can experiment with adding a pickup.

And then I see the Suzukis and the Hammonds and I wonder if I might just go all in on one of them.

I was a trumpet player for about 45 years (until the good work died). I also play piano – mostly cocktail jazz and such. The most striking thing to me about the melodica is that it seems to combine the articulation capabilities of the trumpet with the keyboard interface of the piano. This has made it fun to play and easier for me to learn than some other instruments. I’m having a blast.

Thanks everyone,
    RM

Melodica-Me
    Participant

Hello Ricky, welcome to the forum. Personally, I love the Hammond, they are really great instruments. The action is much better than most melodicas and the large keyboard is great if you utilize it. The pick up is great for live, but I like to mic it for recording. I have been using Hammonds melodeons since they first came out. Let me know if you have any other questions and I will try to respond quickly.
    Thanks
    Melodica-Me

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button